Thursday, January 2, 2014

Stroke of Midnight


2014 is here ... 2013 consumed

Every moment as we live, time is turning.. life is changing ...we are moving. But all through the year this process of time consumption is subtle and it takes a keen eye to look at it and a keener heart to feel it. But this one time in the year when"2013s" bid adieu at the stroke of midnight and "2014s" knock on the door  all of us ...no matter where we are and what state of mind we are in..we do pause for a while and acknowledge the passage of time and celebrate in our own way. 

Some are with families, some with friends..some dancing ..some lost in music, some are howling and some lamenting..some are in crowd and some lonely. The ways may differ but the feeling is the same..the realization that time has passed.. and more importantly that a new beginning is waiting with open arms. We win some and lose some in the year gone by .. and the new year dawns with new possibilities, new opportunities and new journeys. And all of us celebrate the turn of time ..we celebrate our possessions and we celebrate our dreams. Dreams that were fulfilled in the year gone by and the dreams that we are set to achieve in the coming year. It is a moment of hope and it is a moment of promise .. A promise to ourselves that we will give our best to the coming year.

Of all the New Years I have welcomed till date, this has been the farthest from the people who mean the most. Families and Friends , most of them were miles away ... and there was this umbrella feeling of loneliiness and being away. Towards the evening, there came a point when I was on the verge of being depressed and feeling sad for myself and my situation. But ofcourse I could not let that happen to me..So I broke those shackles of depression that had started forming and took charge of the evening.

I am a believer..Believer in the theory that you and only you decide the quantum and quality of your happiness. And the mantra for my life is abundance..be it abundance of food, music, books, friends, even weight and if it is about fun and happiness it can be nothing less than infinite. So I jolted out of that lonely feeling and called out loud to the nearest people I had around. God has always been gracious to be and has always sent good people around me. And so I with two of my new found friends in Jakarta  ventured out on the streets of Jakarta.

So there was good food, good music ...lot of lights and lot of bubbling faces waiting for us. We had a lovely time at one of the Sheesha cafes and at the Stroke of Midnight we welcomed 2014 with tapping foot and swaying hands... The belly dancers in that Arabian Cafe made sure that we have a glamorous year ahead. And the lady luck also shined on me when out of a room packed with people my coupon got the lucky prize. What I got is immaterial..What is important is that God gave me a subtle sign that he has a lot of lucky draws waiting for me in the year ahead.

The Sheesha Bar in Kemang Jakarta


After an eventful outing, when I came back in the wee hours of dawn ...I sat on my couch with a coffee in my hand and looked back. Looked at the year that was ... 2013.. And I felt good ...really good recollecting the memories of the year gone by.

"Mr 2013 you have been very nice to me. I thank you for that. I cant thank you enough for bringing me to the world of blogs. Writing is my creation ...my extension and I feel so much more accomplished after sharing my thoughts here. You also made me a self sufficient unit ... 2 years back I could not have imagined my life without my family around me ..shielding me from everything..and here I am today with a set up of my own and a place I can call almost home. A place I have done up myself ..it is so much me..each art piece..each book on my shelf ...everything is so much me. I have emerged from 2013 more stronger, much more at peace and definitely more accomplished. More than anything else 2013 is the year I have spent the most with myself..I know myself a little better now..I have accepted my life the way it is and I love every bit of it. "

So all in all... I am happy where I am and I look forward to another year full of "me moments" 

Shiva




29 comments:

  1. That's a very nice round up, Apoorva. I really liked how you turned the lonely day into something that you made for yourself to usher the 'new' year. I am sure, the year will bring about a whole lot of surprises and lucky draws for you. Good luck this year...and a whole lot of smiles your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks kajal... and wish you also an action packed year ahead...

      Delete
  2. I luved luved meeting you this year... hoping 2014 gives us a chance to kow u better! U know living alone is something we all start off hating but few months down the line, it can be addictive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mina ..this feeling is totally mutual.. in my list of interesting people met..you or on the top few names.. and you are so right...slowly you get so much at home with your personal space that you dun miss any thing much...

      Delete
  3. Fantastic. Glad that you broke the shackles of depressing thoughts and welcomed the new year in style, with faith and positivity. Wishing you the very best this new year and wish that your year is filled with magical moments and dreams coming true! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shilpa it is important to snap out of that feeling at the earliest sign... Thanks for the wishes

      Delete
  4. Very nice, different post to usher in the New Year. May all your dreams, aspirations and ambitions come true this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by jairam ..Wish you a great year as well

      Delete
  5. Inspiring. I somehow feel that at times when the heart surges to deep throngs of depression do we really find that urge to be happy. And madame whatever you won please kindly dispatch it to Lucknow, address to hai na mera aap ke paas :-) Love you and a very very happy new year again!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too richie rich.... Yes it is like that ping pong ball...as much it goes down faster it comes up :)

      Delete
  6. So glad you got out and enjoyed yourself. There is nothing worse than being depressed. Many hugs for you and hopes that the new year will bring you much happiness. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kathy..and as I wrote on your blog..You are an inspiration!!

      Delete
  7. Abundance is an awesome word :) and yes, it is the sum total of all the little things in life that make life abundant. Wish you a spectacular 2014 and many blessings. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you saying last year your word was abundance :) I wish you the same and more joy this year too

      Delete
  8. That's a beautiful reflection, Shiva! May 2014 be your greatest year ever! Love, Vidya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vidya..Your few words have a huge impact on me..I am a hard core fan of you and your writing... Love to you toooooooooo

      Delete
  9. I loved the way you articulated what we feel when one year changes to another!

    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nabanita for stopping by and appreciating the effort..I too loved your post for the new year

      Delete
  10. Beautifully penned. Being away from loved ones is never easy. Celebrating something as spectacular as a New Year that too - quite hard. But glad you had fun. Hope you have an even more spectacular 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sid... yes its not easy ...but in life wherever you are you have to make the best of it ...I hope you also have a fabulous year

      Delete
  11. u and only u decide the quantum and quality!! :-) BRAVO " O Blogger".






    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice account of your New Year's Eve ....
    Hope that the New Year brings joy and continued happiness in your life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly... Hope you also have a rocking year!!!

      Delete
  13. Your last paragraph really brought it together for me. Very beautifully written. I wish you greater strength and self- sufficiency in this year. I hope your 2015 post gives you the right to count a lot more feathers in your cap. :)

    Dagny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dagny..Thanks for dropping by and also appreciating .. Love

      Delete
  14. I'm so glad 2013 was a wonderful year for you, Shiva. I hope 2014 is even better! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks corinne... You have been an integral part of making 2013 wat it was...

      Delete
  15. Love this post, Shiva and may this year brings things in abundance for you:)
    http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/01/01/targets-to-make-2014-memorable-jolly-happy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...Your words are my treasure ...