Friday, March 21, 2014

Spilling the Beans for A to Z




Ta Daaaaaaaa!!!
            Drumrolls!!!!
                     Red Carpet!!!
                            Bells and Horns!!!
                                           Clap Clap Clap!!!

The A to Z theme reveal day is finally here



It still has to set in. Have I really done this. Have I actually committed myself to a month long blogging challenge (the only respite being that the Sundays are Off). Routine, Discipline and commitment are few words which are always uncomfortable when they are around me. But the other two words which make this task look easier are Challenge and New. New challenging things have always intrigued me and managed to get the best out of me at all times. So even after a bumpy blogging of last 3 months, where I have been here but not completely here, I signed up for the A to Z Challenge.

This is my first time to have signed up for something this big and to keep me going I will need constant support (read - blog visit) and encouragement (read comments & compliments) from all you lovely people.

With the rate at which this A to Z fire is catching, I am sure all the bloggers by now have a hint of what it is. For few who still are ignorant I will be happy to enlighten. So basically this is a 26 day blogging challenge in April and you need to write your posts from A to Z , one each day. So the trick is to choose a theme and not make it very random. And the smart people actually pre-plan and schedule their posts for each day. Ofcourse I am not very smart, but my weekend target is to catch up on some smartness.

The in-house angel , Vidya Sury started a thread of theme reveal on her blog. And this encouraged (read forced) us to actually firm up our theme and go all out and announce it to the world. So now for all those eager eyes and curious minds, here comes my theme.

As some of you might know I am straight out of an Indian wedding and that too a one which happens to be of my brother. So I was actually midst of the thick of things and I have seen the giant too closely. And hence this theme came quite instinctively to me. So for the month of April I will be talking about the

A to Z of the Big Fat Indian Wedding

The high level, pompous cultural extravaganza called Indian wedding actually is a sum total of a lot of small and big details. And as they say beauty lies in details, it indeed does. But what they do not say is that duty also lies in details. So I will give you a first hand experience and share the necessary details of managing an Indian wedding and making it a reasonable success,

So all those who are married or have acted as wedding planners, this will be a good trip down the memory lane, and all those sitting on the fence waiting for their turn, this might turn out to be a repository of some useful tips and insights.

So let the drums roll ... We shall walk the aisle together ...

Also, taking a tip from my fellow blogger, Kajal, everyday I shall be featuring one post of A to Z challenge which hit my chord the most. So if you are stopping by to read my thoughts, please do spread some love to those lovely bloggers as well.








32 comments:

  1. Wow!! seems interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaha !! That's interesting.... pls do chip in with varieties of Indian Wedding, too :) Lovely theme :) April is surely going to be interesting.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Bet...with such lovely themes all across April for sure will be action packed

      Delete
  3. Woow wedding stories! Am soo looking fwd to knowing more baout rituals n gaes around it.. n some bautiful pics too! Yeaa gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hunting for pics these days ... Do share some of your marriage pics ..Will be good to share :)

      Delete
  4. This is really interesting...Looking forward to it! All the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha! This is very interesting!! Looking forward to your posts, this April, Shiva :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey! This sounds really interesting now! Looking forward to your posts! And its my first time too, taking up a challenge like this! All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the theme! This is going to be fascinating. Also liking the idea of featuring a blogger per day. Hmm.. I should do that too !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your theme. I love learning about other cultures and who does not love a wedding. Love is universal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How interesting this is going to be, Shiva! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apoorva..t.his is excellent and am sure your recent experience is coming to good use for this challenge...looking forward now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great theme Apoorva, love our weddings, all the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Big Fat Indian Wedding is really an enigma internationally.
    wonderful theme...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Apoorva, this is going to be great! Indian weddings are amazing :D

    Looking forward to reading your posts!

    Vidya
    Team Damyanti
    My April A to Z Challenge 2014 Theme Reveal #atozchallenge #atozreveal

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting from A/Z Theme Reveal; this does sound like an interesting theme. I have never been to an Indian wedding, but like most weddings, I do know there are tons of details involved for that special day. Should be interesting reading about them! Good luck with the challenge! I've learned from past years participating it is good to have a few posts written ahead so it doesn't get overwhelming once April begins.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to the pheras and much more. Different theme but will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sahi! Have you actually planned on posts? Though I agree that there can be plenty a-z on this one :D

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome!! A wedding theme for me too :) Its going to be fun.. Looking forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! this is going to be cool. Waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love to read your thoughts on joining the challenge - very similar to mine:-) I 'm also a first timer:-) I was so excited to see your theme! Love weddings - and now we can dive into the Indian ones... So looking forward to follow your journey in April! We'll support each other:-) You'll be fine:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha...good theme. I guess for those who don't want to get married, you will be providing 26 reasons for that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hehe that's going to be one fun read :) looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm am really looking forward to this. What a special treat!

    Carrie~Anne at That Dizzy Chick

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is really an interesting theme. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never been to an Indian wedding and am looking forward to learning more about this culture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is one of the most innovative themes. Love it completely.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a superb theme!! Oh the madness of Indian weddings! This will surely be an entertaining month here!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This sounds like a fun theme! Can wait to read all about the madness of Indian weddings. Gonna love this one. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow craze of weddings,can't wait already.all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super interesting and different theme !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...Your words are my treasure ...